On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 13:16:28 -0400, Roger D Vargas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> First of all, Im a total newbie in image management. I have made just
> some simple things with Gimp. I have some pictures I took with low
> lights, and I would like to know the correct method to improve it. Right
> now Im using Brigth and contrast to increase bright.

There is no single method that works perfectly in all cases, but
you can try <Image>->Layers->Colors->Levels or ...->Curves.

In the Levels dialog, try moving the left handle (the black one) to
the right.  Try moving the middle one as well.  The preview will
allow you to see what happens and should help you to find the best
values for correcting your pictures.  The "Auto" button can give
interesting results, but can also introduce color casts so maybe
you should experiment first with manual adjustments.

See also: http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/index.html?node60.html

-Raphaël