On Friday 05 August 2005 19.37, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Roger D Vargas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > First of all, Im a total newbie in image management. I have made just
> > some simple things with Gimp. I have some pictures I took with low
> > lights, and I would like to know the correct method to improve
> > it. Right now Im using Brigth and contrast to increase bright.
>
> Try using the Levels tool instead. Just play with it for a while and
> perhaps use the Help button. You might find the color pickers useful.
>

> Sven

I sometimes use a copy of the image added to the original.
Test the following (in Gimp 2.2.8 anyhow)

Start Gimp.
Open the picture which you want to lighten.
Make a copy (right klick on the image -> Layer -> Duplicate layer)
In the layer window: "Layers Mode" set to "Screen" instead of "Normal".
That lightens the image some. Just redo the steps above for even brighter
images.
Its a fast way to brighten things up without having to play with values.

/Rikard