On 8/18/05, sam ende <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thursday 18 August 2005 17:17, michael chang wrote:
> > When/if you flatten the image, transparency turns into the background
> > colour.  You can also maintain a background layer (with your
> > background colour) under the image...
> i just tried the channel to selection thing, seems to work too, go to
> dialogues/channels, select the colour you want to delete (well you've
> only got the three ranges but still..:)) and click channel to selection,
> it'll select all the colours in that range, then go to edit and cut. have
> no idea if that is what you meant but i thought it was neat :)

Not what I meant [ I meant that A) if you flatten an area with
alpha-only bits in it, then the transparent area turns into the
background colour, and B) a layer underneath a second layer with
transparent areas will shine through, so you can have the bottom layer
be a "background" ] but if it works for you, then that's good enough.
 - Just my two cents