On 8/23/05, Akkana Peck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> - Crop an area of constrained aspect ratio, letting you move or
>   resize the crop rectangle to choose the right area.
>   (I don't do this very much, but people ask for it all the time,
>   and maybe I'd do it if it were easier.  Someone who needs/uses
>   this should speak up with details on how it should work!)

I've played with this in iPhoto - the implementation there lets you
pick from a list of standard aspect ratios (2x3, 8x10), or a custom
ratio, and then the crop is contrained to that ratio.

The best use-case I can think of is for printing.  If I know I want to
print borderless on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper, I'd like to be able to
crop to that aspect ratio directly, rather than letting the printer
driver decide to crop it in some arbitrary way.