On Wednesday 24 August 2005 22.43, Axel Wernicke wrote:
> Am 24.08.2005 um 21:12 schrieb Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris:
> > It will requiere quite some experimenting - and I know this I am
> > writing must be sounding confuse. If you have three photos of the
> > same place, mail me (it can be reduced resolution version) of then,
> > and I might try to document all the steps in detail.
> >
> > If you just have two images, send then anyway ... but it may be
> > harder.
> Yeees, and if it works, Joao makes short tutorial and puts it online
> - please. That is exactly the kind of stuff people need to get done
> with that tons of digital pictures we all take today :)
> Seriously, I think after we got an almost complete GIMP reference
> manual by now, we need to focus more and more to use cases like the
> one from Rikard.
> > Regards,

I tried using a version of the technique used here:
But it gave me odd results with partially see through ppl, and ghosts.
So maybe i didnt get it right.

* Sergels Torg Square, Stockholm, Sweden. Tripod. camera set on manual
        exposure to ensure same colorbalance, shutter, aperture etc.
* Take two shots of the same object in rapid succession. (Small timelapse)
* Swivel camera to the next segment of the panorama, with the same setting.  *
* Shoot two pictures.
* Repeat until covered the whole pano field.

So far so good.
Next. Back tho the "digital photolab" and fire up gimp.
Project, to remove everything from the pictures except the stationary objects,
leaving an empty square. (With a few sitting/standing people.)
Stitch a panorama from the resulting edited pictures.

It is apparently harder then i thought to remove the "noise" of moving