On 9/12/05, Chris Spencer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When I try to print any image (xcf, jpg, png, etc) of reasonable size
> (4x3 inches) with the GIMP, my printer (HP Deskjet) prints out a single
> page with:
> %!PS-Adobe-3.0
>                 %%Creator: Print plug-in V4.2.7 - 15 Jul 2004 for
> GIMP/Gimp-Print
>
> and then procedes to print an infinite series of blank pages. I let GIMP
> run through several dozen pages before I had to cancel the print. Is
> this a bug, or is there some configuration I'm missing?

Your printer is misinterpreting GIMP's output as text -- what the
output reads is literal postscript.  Dunno what exactly causes it, but
I know that if you've got a misconfiguration between GIMP-Print (well,
techincally it's Gutenprint now), your printing system or setup, and
your printer, then that's what'll happen.

What version of GIMP, and Gimp/Gutenprint are you using, and what
printing system or setup, printer, and OS (+ version) are you using?
That might help.

> I haven't had any other problems with this printer.

What else did you print, and how did you print it (e.g. from what application)?

--
~Mike
 - Just my two cents