Hello,
when I want to open a second picture in a already running gimp session
I got the following message:

  Could not connect to the Gimp.
  Make sure that the Toolbox is visible!

But the toolbox is on the current desktop on top.
I use the command for the first picture:

  gimp-2.2 picture1.jpg

and for the second:

  gimp-remote-2.2 picture2.jpg

I working on three PCs, all with SUSE 9.3 and mostly the same
sw enwironment but the behavior of gimp is different.

AMD64:              no Problems with gimp
Notebook with PII:  Problems with connect to gimp
DELL GX110:         Problems with connect to gimp

What can be the reason that gimp doesn't find it's own
process ?

Any tips?

System:
  SUSE 9.3