Hello,

Something about GIMP's FreeType plugin has annoyed me for a long time: after typing in my text, in order to see it in the various fonts, I can't just click on the first one and then press the down-arrow key. When I do that, the selection-outline moves down to the next font in the list, but doesn't actually select the font -- I need to press the spacebar to select it. So, instead of just pressing the down-arrow repeatedly to see each font, I have to press down-arrow,spacebar...down-arrow,spacebar...down-arrow,spacebar...

Is there something wrong with my setup (in GIMP, or a GTK preferences file, or something)? Or is this the same way it works for everyone else here? If so, why on earth is it set up this way??

I'm using GIMP version 2.2.6 and FreeType plugin version 0.6, under GNOME 2.10 on Gentoo Linux. (And it's a 2.6.12 kernel on a Pentium-III system, but I doubt that matters...)

Also, if there's a more appropriate place to ask this, please let me know; I wasn't sure if it would be the mailinglist for FreeType itself, and there's no sort of contact info whatsoever on freetype.gimp.org.

Thanks,
Anthony DiSante
http://encodable.com/
http://nodivisions.com/