On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 03:28:02PM +0200, Martin Lesser wrote:
> Roman Joost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 11:03:55AM +0200, Martin Lesser wrote:
> >> How do I tell gimpfu to run in non-interactive mode from command-line or
> >> other scripts?
> > I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve with GIMP, but maybe you want
> > to use PIL?
>
> PIL does not offer all functions I need. Saving animated gifs with many
> frames is also not optimal with the PIL-encoder cause each frame has to
> have the same size.
>
> So the idea is to access gimp-plugins from within python-scripts and
> finally create dynamicly generated animated gif-files.

my goal is to use gimp non-interactively like that on a script i am
writing.  i was going to use gimp-console.

i think the quickest way to see if your gimp was built with this option
is to type "man gimp-console".  if your gimp was built with this option
then typing that should show if it is present and also give instructions
on how to use it.

if it is not there, it is a simple configuration option.

hmm, now i have a question.  i wonder if you have built gimp in the past
with this option but the recent gimp build doesn't have it, if the old
one will still exist on my computer.....

since there have been no complaints about it i have heard of, you might
be a good debugger for it.

carol