Diaa Sami wrote:
I have gimp 2.2.8 installed on my system.
everything is fine when I try to run it from Start Menu or from Windows Explorer. however, when I try to run it from the command-line(by writing the full path of the executable), I get an error:
"gimp-2.2.exe - Unable to locate component
this application has failed to start because libglib-2.0-0.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem"

any idea why this happens(and how)?

Well, I found out the problem, it lies in the way the gimp gets installed on windows. for some reason, the installer doesn't place the dll's need by the gimp(including libglib-2.0-0.dll) into the %Windows%\System32 folder, instead, it uses the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\ in the registry to tell windows to use some paths for finding binaries when this executable is launched. also, seems that these paths aren't used when launching from the command-line.

I hope this can be fixed soon, I could provide more information if you want.