On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 07:48:34PM -0400, michael chang wrote:
> On 10/3/05, Gmail User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am trying to remove/soften the highlights in the picture, where the
> > highlights were created by reflection of the flash on a person's sweaty
> > forehead. Any ideas on how to remove or soften them so that they do not
> > look so bad?
>
> In GIMP 1.x, there was a plugin called homogenize that seemed to do
> the trick.  Because the purpose which this plugin filled for it's
> creator no longer exists, a version for 2.x doesn't exist, although I
> believe it'd be nice if someone "ported" it to 2.x because it did fill
> in a niche that I can't seem to satisfy.  (If I ever get some free
> time, I might attempt it, but I have my doubts.)
>
> You may also want to look at the levels tool, but I'm not horribly
> experienced with it.

well, thanks to michael i remembered three plug-ins i had bookmarked:
http://www.logarithmic.net/pfh/resynthesizer/removal
http://www.geocities.com/lode_leroy/gimp/
http://www.greyc.ensicaen.fr/~dtschump/greycstoration/demo.html

when i read one of these requests, i try to think of how to work with
the gimp tools to handle the problem.  i do not think about the plug-ins
i know about or at least have bookmarked.

one of these will probably do the job -- perhaps all three of them.  i
don't know how to fix my brain though....

carol