On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 09:50:36PM -0500, Eric P wrote:
> I can't remember if I asked this before or not, but does anybody make
> any 2.3.x packages for deb?
>
> I used to compile my own these past few years on Suse w/checkinstall to
> stay up on development progress, but since switching to Debian earlier
> this year I haven't got back on board.
>
> I think I tried compiling 2.3.1 back a few months ago, but checkinstall
> failed to make a deb package... (going off a foggy memory).

it is easy to build your own on debian.  i build mine in /usr/local
though so, it is not the same as getting it from them.

the developers have a plea to distributions to not distribute the
development version (still the odd numbers: 1.3, 2.1, 2.3...) somewhere
in the source where they might read it.  the debian packager reads it.

> Can anyone spank me onto the straight and narrow here?

spanking is not my department.

carol