Carol Spears wrote:
On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 01:38:43AM +0200, cedric GEMY wrote:

Testing 2.3, i can there is new interpolation method called Lanczos. It is described as being better than cubic. Does anyboy know simply :) how it works with the picture ?

what is more (or less) in my testing of cubic vs linear, cubic was
slower not best.  cubic produced a fuzzy image and linear seemed to
produce the best resized image.

This is purely anecdotal, but for what it's worth, a while back I was trying to determine which scaling filter to use in a script to do batch-resizing with ImageMagick. I tested every filter with a couple of my digital photos as samples, in ImageMagick and PaintShopPro (IIRC), and to my eye Lanczos was the best; it was certainly at least *among* the best.

-Anthony DiSante
http://encodable.com/
http://nodivisions.com/