On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 09:04:15PM -0500, Eric P wrote:
> I agree with everything here except I'd use a mask instead of a
> selection.  A selection can be a bit too fleeting for a something as
> tedious as your task.
it is really an advantage that the people who used gimp-1.0 have over
newer users.  masks are so much more powerful and long lasting and
easier to work with.  gimp-1.0 and even gimp-1.2 pushed you into
understanding this.

if you would like to really learn the art of computer graphics,
installing gimp-1.2 and getting some actual experience with that would
be very very helpful for any person who would like to be a graphics

nice advice Eric :)