On Wednesday 26 October 2005 04:39 pm, Carol Spears wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 01:45:45PM -0400, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:
> > Hi there --
> >
> > I am running GIMP 2.2 and am trying to capture a section of rather
> > than the entire screen. I go to File/Acquire and select Single
> > Window in the Grab utility. A cross hairs appears and I select a
> > portion of the screen.
> >
> > However, instead of just that area of the screen being captured,
> > the entire screen is captured. What steps or settings do I need to
> > change to correct this?
> Single window capture is just that.  You will get a single window.
> In gimp-2.3 there is a select a region of your desktop option.  Since
> gimp has never had this option, i have had a difficult time
> remembering to try it even (old work habits die hard or something).
> carol

Thanks Carol,
I wasn't sure of the Gimp's screen capture, because I never use it, so
I'm glad you answered what it will do.  To Andrew though, if you are
running KDE on your system, KSnapshot will do exactly what you are
looking for.  Not sure what system you are running, mine is SuSE and
it's part of the kdegraphics files, but if you're running a different
Linux, it will be part of something else in KDE.

Of course, if you are running something else, you're on your own!  ;o)

      Registered Linux User #225206
 Living  on Earth is expensive, but it does
include a free trip around the sun every year.