On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 08:52:24PM -0600, Jeff Avveduti wrote:
> I have tried searching for this but I am not finding quite the answer I
> hunger for.
> It is best to show you...
> www.avveduti.com/ebay/logo.jpg
> There is what I am wanting. To make a nice transparent logo in gimp.
> That was created in PS 7.
> A nice bevel edge with ability to change the light direction and the
> amount of bevel..
> I made the text go to 0 opaque and voula.. there it is.
> What can I do in Gimp to acheive the same results?
GIMP does not consider that to be transparent.  i am trying to figure
out how PS7 uses the word transparent there.

this is simply the second tutorial on www.gimp.org:
http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/The_Basics/  and, gimp could do this
before photoshop could. (photoshop 5 couldn't do this and that tutorial
was written for gimp-1.0)

since it was so easy for you to make this, perhaps the photoshop
developers read the gimp tutorial.

enjoy your gimp!