On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 22:18 -0500, Jeffrey Brent McBeth wrote:
On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 08:52:24PM -0600, Jeff Avveduti wrote:
> I have tried searching for this but I am not finding quite the answer I
> hunger for.
> It is best to show you...
> www.avveduti.com/ebay/logo.jpg
> There is what I am wanting. To make a nice transparent logo in gimp.
> That was created in PS 7.
> A nice bevel edge with ability to change the light direction and the
> amount of bevel..
> I made the text go to 0 opaque and voula.. there it is.

Place your texture down (like the wavy red)
Create a text layer (white for starters), and add your text
Make sure the texture layer is selected, then go

Filters -> Map -> Bump Map

Play with all the fun knobs that do everything you asked for above.

Click okay when you are done, then make the text layer invisible (click the

Ok, I must be doing something wrong. I opened a picture, add text [Avveduti Photography], Filters -> Map -> Bump Map, no matter I change, the text does not change.
I move the window around to show the different letters of the text but nothing. I slide everything to the far right... nothing. I hit ok and hide the layer... nothing.
What am I doing wrong?