On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 22:18 -0500, Jeffrey Brent McBeth wrote:
On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 08:52:24PM -0600, Jeff Avveduti wrote:
> I have tried searching for this but I am not finding quite the answer I
> hunger for.
> It is best to show you...
> www.avveduti.com/ebay/logo.jpg
>
> There is what I am wanting. To make a nice transparent logo in gimp.
> That was created in PS 7.
> A nice bevel edge with ability to change the light direction and the
> amount of bevel..
> I made the text go to 0 opaque and voula.. there it is.

Place your texture down (like the wavy red)
Create a text layer (white for starters), and add your text
Make sure the texture layer is selected, then go

Filters -> Map -> Bump Map

Play with all the fun knobs that do everything you asked for above.

Click okay when you are done, then make the text layer invisible (click the
eye)

Jeff

Ok, I must be doing something wrong. I opened a picture, add text [Avveduti Photography], Filters -> Map -> Bump Map, no matter I change, the text does not change.
I move the window around to show the different letters of the text but nothing. I slide everything to the far right... nothing. I hit ok and hide the layer... nothing.
What am I doing wrong?