thanks a lot... i downloaded the manual it should be fine.
I'm really sorry for my persistence but just found another thing that worries me:

if i have a group of graphics, how can i move them across the canvas all together? i'm talking about lots of layers that needs to be located on some other place on the same window without merging them into a single one.

thanks a million...

if i'm allowed i might be back with some other questions... i'm working on the "big switch" from win/photoshop :)