On 11/20/05, Cliff Hanley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Since I installed Gimp, all my image files on desktop are IDed as Gimp files
> instead of JPG, BMP,TIFF etc. It would be useful to see these IDs before
> clicking on the files. Is there an option for restoring them?

Install the program that created these identifications, or restore
your mime-types from a backup.  (You do have a backup, don't you? ;)

Maybe also installing another program might overwrite GIMPs type
settings with it's own, which are then used thereafter -- if the
program restores the JPG/BMP/TIFF/etc types, then you should be fine.

It depends on the type of desktop - IIRC, different ones (GNOME, XFCE,
MS Windows) use different ways of identifying file types and showing
them to you.

--
~Mike
 - Just my two cents