On Tuesday 22 November 2005 12:39 pm, Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha
wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> This is my first post and I need now to reduce some pictures from
> 1024x768 pixels to 800x600 pixels of 108 images.
>
> Could somone tell me how to do it in the command line ?
>
> I am using linux version of Gimp.
>
> Sincerely ...

You should usew the convert program from the imagemagick package (it i
snormmally installed by default in most desktop GNU/Linuxes)

Do something like this:

for i in *jpg;do convert -size 800x600 $i  -resize 800x600
small_$i;done

in the image directory. (alternatively, instead of prefixing the files
with "small_" , you may prefer to specify another directory  - like
...800x600/$i

Regards,

        JS
        -><-