On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:19:22 +0100, MIlos Prudek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Curiously, gimp compiled from sources did not show this problem. Only gimp
> RPM
> included with my current distro, Mandriva 2006, shows this problem. Even
> though locale messages are installed in
> /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/gimp20-libgimp.mo
> /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/gimp20-script-fu.mo
> /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/gimp20-std-plug-ins.mo
> /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/gimp20.mo
> I guess you will now rebuke me for bringing a distro-specific issue to this
> list...

I have never used Mandriva so it will be difficult for me to help.  However,
did you check what is invoked when you run "gimp"?  Some distributions replace
the GIMP binary by a shell script that does some checks and modifies the
environment.  I do not know if this is the case for Mandriva.

Other than that, you should probably seek help from Mandriva or from other
Mandriva users.  Or fetch the source RPM from Mandriva, extract it and review
the patches that get included when you rebuild.

Good luck,