Am 27.11.2005 um 01:15 schrieb Carol Spears:

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 12:26:20AM +0100, Axel Wernicke wrote:

i made one black and white layer that should be able to be used as the
edge part of a layer mask.  i am now going to try to be honest without
thank you - that was what I was looking for

making you angry or causing you to stop contributing to the
documentation of gimp -- but if you are unable to use this image to make
a mask, you might not be good for documenting gimp (yet).
I agree to a certain degree. I now what to do with a b/w image to use it as mask. But my interest is more in enhancing photographs then in painting something by myself, so I'm not very used in creating something completely new by making a path or some strokes to an empty canvas :) I think even without beeing a wizard in making images one can do a good job in the documentation team. There are lots of technical and management issues to solve. Btw. since you are obviously one of the wizards, you could have an eye on the manual and give us some wizardish advise ?

this time, tiny-fu distort selection was used and i must say, tiny-fu
feels "zippier" than script-fu.

http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/distorted-selection-mask.xcf, it is still in
rgb.  experts agree, indexed images are simply too complicated for the
average user to be expected to work with. two paths have been included
and i strongly suggest that you consider using the paths for your
template.  they work really nicely -- even gimps simple little SVG
files.
I'll consider that.

Hope that was not too much of a puzzle - its late and my english does
certainly not improve after 0:00am

wait until you count the years in which your english does not improve.
i miss counting the hours....

:)

!lexA

carol

---
Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get...
GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ prüfen