Michael Henke wrote:
Hi all,
I've been trying to create some nice golden (or another colour) letters using this tutorial: http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Golden_Text/ In this tutorial Simon Budig get's as a result, a text with no golden background, my problem is, I DO have a background, and I only need the text. Thanks in advance! Greets, Michael Henke

Hi Michael,

Congratulations, you have spotted a bug ! The "transparent background" checkbox in the options tab of the lighting plugin is indeed inoperative if the bumpmap image is "grayscale".

As a workaround, what you can do is transforming your blurred text image to RGB instead of grayscale, or more simply, create the text as a RGB image from the beginning (to the contrary of what is stated by the tutorial).

Best regards,

Olivier