On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 19:43 +0000, Joao Cruz Morais wrote:
> Hi,
> Im trying to type some text and bold it but can't seem to accomplish
> this with the last version of Gimp. Am I missing something or this is
> just not possible?
> Thank you,
> João C Morais

The default font for me is "Sans".  If I click the button next to the
font name, with images of "Aa" in that font, I get a font selection
dialog.  I can then select "Sans Bold" or "Sans Italic" or "Sans Bold
Italic" or any of a wide range of other such fonts.  YMMV.

Admittedly it's not as easy as selecting a block of text and clicking a
"make this bold" button; the font selection is a bit more low-level than

-Mark Gordon, sans rant