Carol Spears wrote:

it is easy to build gimp-perl.  get the tarball and open it.

type "perl Makefile.PL"
soon after type "make"
when that is completed, as root type "make install"

I downloaded the tarball yesterday, opened it and attempted to install it. I am not green with regard to installing from source. I just don't prefer to do that with an RPM-based package like SuSE if it's not required.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> which gimp

As root:
linux:/home/mykec/Downloads/TGZ/Gimp-2.0 # perl Makefile.PL
checking for gimp-2.0... no
checking for gcc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking for gimptool-2.0... no
checking for GIMP - version >= 2.0.0... no
*** The gimptool-2.0 script installed by GIMP could not be found
*** If GIMP was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GIMPTOOL environment variable to the
*** full path to gimptool-2.0.
configure: error: ** unable to find gimp, make sure it's in your path (version 1.3.15+ required!)

Can't find gimp?  It's in it's default SuSE RPM location.
Make sure it's in my path?  Yep.  It's in my path.