Hi Brad,

You want colormap rotation Filters->Colors->Map->Colormap rotation

You select a portion of the hue spectrum in the input, map it to a portion of the spectrum in the output, and highlights and shadows are kept.

Cheers,
Dave.

Brad Lyon wrote:
Please point me at FAQ or whatever if I'm missing something

Basically, I would like to replace a car color, but not affect the highlights/lighting affects on the car. For example, if a car is green, but the picture has it in a certain light, the green will be mixed with white light, etc. I just want to repalce the underlying green, but let that mix with the external light the same way that the actual green is. Is there a way to do this? Basically, for the car itself, for whatever fraction of green a certain pixel has, I want to change that green to something else. I might use a plain blue as the replacement, but it would mix "realistically" - hopefully.

TIA

Dave Neary
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lyon, France