Layers>Transparency>Add Alpha Channel
erase all unneeded places and save as PNG file.
On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 22:25:57 +0200, Mark Phillips
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I need some help getting a scanned image into an OpenOffice document
the black speckled background. This is what I did:
1. Used XSANE 0.97 to scan the signature form my HP G95 printer/scanner.
2. Saved as tiff file.
3. Opened the tiff file in The Gimp 2.2
4. Cut the signature out of the scanned image and pasted it into a new
document (so it would not be full page but just a small block).
5. Saved the document as a jpg
6. Inserted the jpg into my OpenOffice 2.0 document.
7. Printed the page with the signature on the G95 and the signature has
speckles around it.
I tried setting the background to white in the saved signature file
but I still get the black speckles. They do not show up on the screen.
I think I need a transparent background in the signature file, but I do
know how to make it transparent.
Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Gimp-user mailing list