On Friday 30 December 2005 12:16 am, Tristan Miller wrote:
> Greetings.
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Manish Singh wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 12:47:43AM +0100, Tristan Miller wrote:
> >> Greetings.
> >>
> >> I'm looking for the source package for the latest version of
> >> gimp-python. The official FTP distribution site at
> >> <ftp://ftp.daa.com.au/pub/james/pygimp/> is rejecting
> >> connections.  If someone could point me to an FTP or HTTP
> >> mirror, that would be great.
> >
> > It's distributed in the same tarball as the rest of GIMP, since,
> > well, before GIMP 2.0.
> Hm... one does not get that impressed by Googling for "gimp-python"
> and reading the first site that comes up
> <http://www.jamesh.id.au/software/pygimp/>, which purports to be
> the official distribution site.
> I'll try downloading the whole GIMP tarball and seeing if I can
> build just the gimp-python part.  I'm using a SuSE 9.3 system with
> gimp-2.2.9 installed via the official RPMs, which don't include
> gimp-python.  Neither can I find any SuSE gimp-python RPM.
> ("apt-cache search gimp-python" and related searches come up
> empty.)

yes..Ther indeed is no way to get a bianry of GIMP-python for SuSE.
(ijsut spent more time looking for it than it would take me to write
the script for you. - but I oppened a request for it on SuSE's

You have to download the GIMP source, pass the configure script, with
the "--prefix" parameter to be the same as in SuSE, and with the
"--enable-python" option.

The configure script will spill out some errors due to missing
packages (most likely py-gtk-devel and so on) Install the packages
and retry until it finishes fine.

Then, just change to the dir plug-ins/pygimp and type make and make
install (as root)

Then, it is a matter of pickingone the example scripts, and modify it
to make the steps you described - just look in the PDB-browser (XTNS
menu)  for the correct functions to call and its parameters. I will
write it if I am available later.