Jason Bassett wrote:

Is there any way that I may set up the GIMP on a multi user Linux
machine so that when a new person logs in and runs The GIMP, they do
not need to go through the "GIMP User Installation" screen to set
directories etc.  I would instead like these settings to be pulled
from defaults that I set myself.
The reason is that inexperienced users will be using the machines and
I do not want them to be encountering more screens that is required.

I have tried editing various files such as /etc/gimp/2.0/gimprc but
this only changes the defaults that appear for the user to accept.

What about installing one, set your preferences and everything you need, then backup the .gimp/2.0/ files ?
Then use a script to perform multiple installations at once.

Julien Pons - Graphiste / Auteur
Cell : 06 22 71 04 21
Fixe : 08 72 22 04 21