> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:58:37 -0800 (PST)
> From: "MatMan (sent by Nabble.com)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Cutout and paste (Newbie question)
> To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
>

> Just so you know, you're not the only one wondering about
> this.  I just stumbled accross this website while searching
> for an answer to the very same problem.  I'm trying to "cut
> out" a small circular image from a larger photo to use as an
> accent image on a website.  I actually need to do this many,
> many times, so I'm willing to learn how to do it the proper
> way.  Heh. The help file included with GIMP isn't
> very...helpful. I'm computer-savvy, but totally unfamiliar
> with this particular software.

Hi "MatMan",

I was the one who posed the original question and continued the thread.

Unfortunately the thread died without a solution. It works fine for the
rectangular selection tool, but for all the other shapes it doesn't work.
They cut out fine from GIMP, but always paste as a rectangular shape, i.e.
totally useless :-). It forced me to go back to MS Image Composer.

Cheers
Gert