Is this at all possible?

My wife has been using Photoshop, and I'm trying to get her to convert to Gimp instead (so that I can work on the same files under Unix) ... the biggest problem is she loses her layers, or, at least, the 'text/font' components of them ...

Is there any way of converting a psd file to xcf so that you don't lose that information? Or, at a minimum, some way of being able to determine the font type / size used within the image itself?

thanks ...

Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664