Well thankyou for the prompt response Simon.

I'm glad to hear that GIMP CVS has this option changed, but also sad
to hear that it won't be making its way into 2.2.

I wasn't aware that holding CTRL while using a paint tool selected a
color. I'm not sure many people could possibly be aware of this
behavior. Seems a smidge strange, but I'll take it =P

Thanks for the help,
-Ben