Hi,

There is a package called "batchgimp" on freshmeat. Basically it
includes Perl scripts with embedded Script-Fu. I modified and
used it once to convert a bunch of images to the Gimp pattern
format (which cannot be done by Imagemagick, unfortunately).

Another choice could be David's Batch Processor (dbp). It is a
Gimp plugin and can be found at
    http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/dbp.html
It allows preparing and starting predefined batch operations by
using a little GUI.

Regards,
  Stephan.

KC wrote:
Hi,

Can I run GIMP in batch mode ?  For example, I want
to invoke GIMP from my application (written by C) via
UNIX's pipe (or popen in C) ... How to do that ?  Any example,
tutorial will be appreciated.   Thanks

Regards
KC