Apologies for mis-directing the post. I didn't think that through very
well :( I'll sign up and lurk on the devel list to keep track of

And thanks for the advice, meanwhile I guess I'll try the development
version on the strength of your remarks :)

Merci beaucoup,

--- Dave Neary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
> Selon Simon Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Having written some software in the past, I know this is an unfair
> > question, but I'm interested in the color management that's slated
> for
> > 2.4. Can anyone point me at a time (rough waving damp fingers in
> the
> > air) estimate for when that might be released?
> gimp-developer is a more appropriate forum for the question (although
> I hope
> that everyone there is also here). I haven't been involved in GIMP
> development
> for a while now, so I can't really tell.
> > Alternatively and also, anyone using the 2.3 version (described as
> > unstable) which is available? Is it reasonable to try to use that?
> I would say yes. It's not feature frozen, but it's already quite
> usable.
> > Does
> > the color management part of it work? And is the CM part likely to
> > remain constant, or is it subject to total rewrite, rendering my
> > learning and calibrations/profiling wasted?
> It's pretty much finished, as far as I know.
> Cheers,
> Dave.
> --
> Dave Neary
> Lyon, France

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a
man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz