If I import an SVG file, the GIMP doesn't seem to rasterize using the correct resolution. No matter what resolution I specify, the layer will be generated with the proper dimensions, but the SVG image remains a fixed size regardless of the specified resolution.

For instance, say I import and image at 90 ppi and it gets rasterized as 744x1052. Now if I import the image again into the same file, but this time specify 300 ppi, it gets rasterized at 2480x3507, but the actual image in the new layer is the same size as the previous import. Only the layer sizes are different.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? It's driving me crazy. I'm using GIMP 2.2.10 on Fedora. Any help is appreciated.