Add Windows fonts folder and that should work. Restart GIMP first of course. Or maybye even restart computer. Windows loves that ;)

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 11:00:32 +0200, Eric Dan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

i just recommended a windows friend to use Gimp and he is actually
really happy with it. The only thing is that he needs to use Japanese
fonts with it and it seems as if Gimp doesn't let him access the regular
system fonts.  Gimp has its own font directory.
I run Gimp on Linux and i can use all fonts installed system wide.  The
thing is i don't really know much about windows and how to install fonts
or how Gimp in windows works.  Can someone maybe help me out, so i can
forward this to him?

Pagarbiai Vytautas
Xandros 3.0.2 OCE
Opera 8.51