Exifer is great to edit all your EXIF / IPTC. To manage your photo's you could also consider Picasa from Google. Besides showing the pictures in their folders, it also has the option to link your photos to as many virtual folders as you need. Moreover, you can append IPTC keywords.

Cheers

Paulo

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi!

I have spent quite a few days searching for an application to help me manage my
photo collection. The thing is this: I have quite a big photo archive which I
try to manage via a folder - subfolder structure. Yet I find it extremely
difficult to find the photos I want by searching the folders. I was thinking
that perhaps there could be an easy way to APPEND EXIF/IPTC info on the photos
which would enable me to do a keyword-based search. The "APPEND" function is
crucial, as I would want to batch-add many keywords to groups of photos (I
don't want it to replace the previous EXIF/IPTC info but append the new
information).

Are there any (good) suggestions?

Thanx,

Vassilis.