On Friday, February 10, 2006 7:33 AM [GMT+1=CET],
Page Sands <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm new to the list and I've been using gimp for several months. I
like browse image thumbnails from within Windows (I know I) and I
think I'm inadvertently causing multiple instances of The Gimp to run
in the background as I can easily end up with 15-20 Gimp menus.

Could you please explain further? If you are simply using the Windows file manager, with View|Thumbnails set so that images show as thumbnails, then the GIMP itself should not be activated. Maybe you are referring to something else? Which version of Windows?

If you mean that you actually open an image for editing with GIMP, and *then* you get a new instance of the GIMP each time you open a new image, you need to change the file associations so that you use gimp-win-remote.exe.

--
Bob Long