Am 11.02.2006 um 05:43 schrieb Scott:
recently there was the same problem with mmx.  if you run ./configure
--help it will tell you how to build without this sse stuff. these are some "optimizations" that were included by some guy from Sun and seem to
be unmaintained lately.

I ran it with --disable-mmx, now ld does not support the -rpath switch on
OS X. And there does not seem to be an option to disable it in the
configure, at least that I found .

Thats the one I got on PPC since 2.3.6! Folks at IRC told me that this would be an issue outside of GIMP, so I gave up for a while :(

But this Imac is the 2.0 DC w/1gb of RAM. Under normal usage it runs
nicely, it does seem to stumble sooner under high load then my Sun Ultra
20 (opteron) does. But, generally speaking it is a good performer..

sounds like outperfoming my iBook 800 will be an easy job for the MacBook Pro :)

Thanks for all your help..

Scott

Greetings, lexA

---
Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get...
GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ prüfen