On 2006.02.14 15:15, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

> On Monday 13 February 2006 06:48 pm, Vytautas P. wrote:

> > Is there a way to make not linear but logarithmic gradient in GIMP?

> > GIMP version 2.2.6

> > OS Xandros 3.0.2

> There are curved gradient segments in the GIMP, but

> none of the curves is logarithmic

> I think you have spheric and sinuidal curves, besides linear.

> If that is nto enough, I'd like you to say what is the use for

> logarithimic gradients. It won แนซ be hard to provide a patch for it,

> if it is usefull.

Well, it is nothing special, just it would make nice effect, I think. Parabolic and hyperbolic gradients would be nice too. It would make impression of "deeper" depth. It would be nice if GIMP had possibility of making such gradients like y=x^p, where p would mean optional power to which x should be raised.