I upgraded my Slack-current partition via swaret, which has its
own set of problems. I manually downloaded and installed
libcairo.so.2 from the Slack site. My adventures with Parser.pl
have already been described. Anyhow bottom line I now have a
working copy of 2.3.6 on site. The Gimp on Slack-current is now
up to 2.2.10 which is nice. Which one I actually use depends on
how far off the latest documentation is from the 2.3.x series.

It looks like Slack 11 and Gimp 2.4 will play nicely together.

--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: