On Wednesday 15 February 2006 04:28 pm, John R. Culleton wrote:

> It is available in pdf form which is a big help. I am probably
> going to print out the main portion.
>
> Three questions:
>
> 1.There is no index in the pdf copy. Is one available elsehere?
I don't know. The PDF build proccess should generate one. Ifit does
nto this must be reported as a bug oto the documentation document

> 2. The current edition is dated December and is current as of
> 2.2.x apparently. That is excellent. Now, is there any indication
> of when a 2.4 based version would be available? In other words if
> 2.4 came out in, say, March 2006 in what month would an updated
> manual be expected?

Bad news here.
Currently, all docwriters/translators are working based on the stable
version (i.e. 2.2.x) only.
That means that work will only begin for 2.4 when it is out, which
implies in a gap of a couple months at least for a version covering
most new features.

> 3. I still have in a ring binder the 900 plus page manual written
> by Karin and Olof Kylander. Is the current manual related to that
> manual or are they separate publications?

AFAIK they are separate publications.
        JS
        -><-