On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:12:49 +0100
lode leroy wrote:

> I have Slackware 10.2 and a Wacom USB tablet and GIMP 2.3.7
> and I can confirm that it works well.
>
> I assume you have recompiled GTK+ yourself, and forgot to add
> ./configure --with-xinput=xfree
> as is mentionned on http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/index.php/howto/gimp
>
> It took me a while to find that info...
>
> -- lode

That was it.  Now it has other problems.  It works for a while then the
buttons stop working not only on the pen but also the mouse.  The cursor
still moves.  Eventually, gimp dies and an X error is reported:
The error was 'BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device'.
I think it worked better when it thought it was just a mouse.
Now I get to figure out if it's a gimp problem, a gtk+ problem,
an xorg problem or a linuxwacom problem.

-d