Hi,

RalfGesellensetter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> for several times I managed to create animations witb Gimp 2.2.
> Especially nice are web animations (GIF) which are easily done with
> GIMP.
>
> Now, for the first time, GIMP's outcome is different from what I
> expect.  Is it a feature or a bug that partly transparent layers are
> not shown in the animation preview box?

All of the pixels in your partly transparent layers have an alpha
value below 127, they are more transparent than opaque. Since GIF only
supports binary transparency, these pixels all end up being
transparent in the animation.

The Animation Playback plug-in simulates GIF transparency. If someone
wants to come up with a patch that adds a check button to enable/disable
this feature, that would be a welcomed contribution.

Sven