Hi Folks

I recently downloaded GIMP and I am new to it.

Please advise how you would attempt this:

I  have a gif  image of some text eg This is my Goldfish.

I wish to now highlight it as follows:

This is my Goldfish

I think the first step would be to create a rectangle around the word  using Select Rectang Regions. But then how do i select the colour and how do i make sure i can still read the background text (in another programme i think they called this Transparency)

Also I might need to increase the font size.

La stly, I then want to be able to copy the whole into a word document.

I would be most grateful if anyone can advise me the steps in doing all of this - and please tell me names/location of the various buttons.

Thanking you in advance

Ajmal

(from Kilburn, London)