On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 09:21:15AM +0800, jed mallen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone recommend a nice howto on automating batch jobs on gimp
> (ie: resizing, border, etc.)?

i have put some stuff on my site.  the old (gimp-2.0-2.2) stuff should
be at http://carol.gimp.org/gimp2/resources/python/ and stuff that is
not guarrenteed to work on gimps older than about gimp-2.3.5 (but might)
at http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/scripting/

i dunno the reason these don't show up in search engines.  maybe because
i delete all that spam promising to up my ranking....

let me know if you need some more help or find something missing.  most
of the stuff there is in python.  i tried to put examples there of
things that are not so clearly scripted as using the gui would be (when
completing the same tasks.  there is no way that i could have written
anything functional with gimp-python without the excellent resource
located at http://docs.python.org/lib/lib.html

i have found it easier to learn it by seeing example scripts.  what is
not there is probably found in the gimp sources.  the python whirl and
pinch plug-in that comes with gimp-python -- i saw actual astonishment
from one of gimps more notorious scripters.  that respectful kind of
astonishment, even.

carol