Am 03.03.2006 um 23:36 schrieb Paul North:

At the risk of asking what is probably THE most obvious question of the year, here goes:

I downloaded and installed GimpShop. I'm running Mac OS-X version 10.4.5. I also downloaded X11user.pkg from Apple and attempted to install it. However, during the install, I got a message stating "You cannot install X11 on this volume. Newer Software already exists on your computer."

However, using Spotlight to locate any X11 files only found com/ apple.x11.plist in my preferences.

Attempting to launch GimpShop on the assumption that if some version of X11 was already installed, it should run, produced a "Failed to start X11" message.

despite you are asking at the completely wrong place (this is neither a gimpshop nor a OS X list), you should have a look into / Applications/Utilities/X11.app. If it's not there you whether never installed it, or trashed it "somehow". In any case get your OS X install media and reinstall the X11 package. Then try again. If it does not work doublecheck with another X11 program like gimp (gimp- app.sf.net) and ask your preferred OS X community :)

HTH lexA

Any and all clues gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Paul North

---
Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get...
GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ prüfen