To: <gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 6:38 PM
Subject: [Gimp-user] GIMP GIS

Hello all, I'm on a quest for more information regarding a mythical GIMP GIS application.

In a press release regarding a contract awarded to Apple computer by the state of Maine I came across "GIMP GIS" as a software package that would be provided. Does such a software package exist, and, if so, where can I get it? (or, did they mean GRASS?).

I have searched the web far and wide for "GIMP GIS" and have come up empty handed.

Sincerely, Eric Dunbar.

PS This is the context in which I found the GIMP GIS reference:

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2006/03/22.9.shtml

TMO Reports - State of Maine Awards 36,000-Laptop Contract to Apple

The state of Maine has announced that Apple won the bid for its next Maine Learning Technology Initiative (MLTI), which will supply more than 36,000 laptops to all seventh and eighth grade students, as well as teachers, librarians, principals and technology coordinators, at over 240 middle schools. The roll-out will start this summer with staff members and move to students at the start of the 2006-2007 school year.

The four-year agreement calls for Apple to supply 12-inch 1.33GHz G4 iBooks with the standard complement of software, summer 2006 training for staff, POP e-mail accounts for all users, technical support, and the StudyWiz environment for collaboration. Additional software includes World Book Encyclopedia, NoteTaker, NeoOffice, GIMP and GIMP GIS, and more, and the schools will be able to upgrade to Mac OS X v10.5 "Leopard" when it becomes available.