Otto Roberson wrote:
> I've built Gimp 2.2.10 from source on Mac OS 10.4.5. I installed Sane as
> well. Can't seem to get the USB Canon scanner to function though, even
> after editing the scanner setup file in the Sane system preferences pane.
> In Gimp, the Twain plug-in crashes. Maybe someone has seen this before,
> if needed I can provide the crash log.

Twain is still a little dodgy on the Mac; I hope to get back to working on this
once I get a new scanner to test with. If you can send me the crash log, well no
guarantees but it might help. :)

In my earlier testing, the SANE-TWAIN drivers worked more reliably than the
manufacturer-provided TWAIN driver, but that was some time ago. What version of
the drivers are you running?

-- brion vibber (brion @