On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 11:34:33AM +0000, Roy Sanderson wrote:
> Hello
> I've recently upgraded from RHL 7.3 to Fedora, and hence from Gimp version
> 1.2.3 to version 2.2.10  One thing that has puzzled us is that when doing a
> 'grab' of a single window (via File->Aquire->Screenshot), there is no
> longer the option of grabbing a window without decorations (i.e. without
> its title bar, control buttons etc.).  Other than selecting, copying and
> pasting from the grabbed window in Gimp to exclude the decorations (which
> is not always accurate and users are complaining) is there a way of getting
> the 'Without Decorations' button to show as in version 1.2.3 on the
> Screenshot command?
this has been fixed in gimp-2.3 and (to me) the screenshot getter makes
much more sense now than in either gimp-1.2 or gimp-2.2.

that being said, i have not yet tried to select an area on the desktop.
to me, you can select the area on the desktop, or you can use the
superior tools and select the same stuff from the image.